Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Time to Relax

Welcome back and sorry for the delay.  My shift rotated back to nights so life in our house gets a little hectic.  This also means that I don't see my family much at all.  I essentially miss out on two months of my boy's lives at a time.  Mornings consist of me getting them ready for school and daycare and my days off consist of them going to daycare so that I can get a little sleep.  In a typical 2 week period, I probably see them for maybe 10 hours.  I hate it but I love what I do and it just comes with the job.  

So I left my last post mentioning that I was going to start coaching my son's T-Ball team.  It was against my better judgement but I went ahead and did it. His first practice went well.  We had a few kids missing due to illness but it went well.  The children listened well.  I discovered my kid is the kid on the team that loves to play in the dirt.  Of course, my kid...the coaches kid...ugh!  This does not bode well with my need to have things go perfect.  I wouldn't care if it was another kid, but really...the coaches kid. I had to miss the following week due to work but I was told by my assistant coach (who is a way better coach than me) that he has seen kids that love to play in the dirt, but my boy REALLY LOVES to play in the dirt.  The following week I picked my son up from school and he WAS IN A MOOD!  This carried over to practice.  I literally spent the whole practice disciplining him and trying to get him to pay attention.  Yes I yelled at him eventually but I stayed super calm with all of the other kids.  APPARENTLY one of the parents did not agree with my parenting skills and instead of being a mature adult and talking to me face to face, they chose to contact the league coordinator and complain about the way I treated my kid. One of the complaints was that they were not sure he was my kid that I was yelling at and they were also concerned that I MAY treat another kid that way.  Clearly it was my kid. I guess my son yelling at me "Mommy you're the worst coach ever" wasn't enough proof.  So I had to explain to the coordinator that my son has SPD and sometimes he gets out of control and it's hard to control. I told him he was more than welcome to explain that to the parent and he said that wasn't his place.  WHATEVER!  So I have made a handout explaining his SPD and hoping they will learn not to judge others from their perfect world.

We got to have dinner was some dear friends of mine from college that now live in town where he took at job as an ER doc at the local hospital.  We got over to their house (after the horrible practice) and we walked in the door to see a baby belly!  I was totally surprised!  She told me that they found out about a week after they were at our house in November that #2 was coming.  I am so happy for them!  

Later that week we went on vacation.  We left home at 8 PM, drove all night and had the boys sleep in their car seats.  When they woke up we were in Sevierville, Tennessee. 


 After stopping for breakfast we drove to Gatlinburg, TN and went to our resort. Thank goodness they were accommodating and let us check in early.  We stayed at Mountain Loft resort.  The room was super nice.  1 bedroom, 2 baths, granite counters in the kitchen.... it was nice.  We had a lot of fun with the boys.  One of the very first things we did was the Jurassic Adventure Ride.  This was a ride that takes you through a land of dinosaurs.  The boys loved it!


We stayed pretty busy all week.  We went to a show at The Comedy Barn and Caleb was asked to go on stage.  He was involved in a fake snake stunt.  He had a blast.  We went to the Darren Romeo magic show, drove through the Smoky Mountains and saw some bears, rode rides at The Island, rode more rides at a place on the strip in Pigeon Forge, rode some 2 person coasters through the woods, did some shopping,went to the Bush Baked Bean Factory, went swimming, Ripley's Smoky Mountain Aquarium, mini golfing, and went BACK to the Jurassic Ride because they asked about it AAAALLLLL week long.  The week would not have  been complete without a medical emergency.  Not from the child we expected either.

We were making rice crispie treats and Gabe we standing on his chair.  He lost his balance and fell, hitting the table on the way down.  When he hit the table, one of his teeth went all the way through his bottom lip leaving a hole, a lot of blood, and a crying toddler.  The nearest ER was 40 minutes away.  That was an ordeal.  2.5 hours later, we left.  I was not pleased.  They were not busy by their own admission and they took my boy last of all the people in the waiting room.  I am not dumb, I get how the waiting room works, but none of these people appeared to be in bad shape, meanwhile my kid with a hole in his lip is in the children's waiting room with a locked bookcase full of books that was just there for show and no toys.  We finally got out of there around 12:30 with 5 stitches total.  Our trip home was uneventful luckily.

This is the bookcase we couldn't use!

 Before stitches


That brings me to the present. Not too much going on at work or otherwise at home.  School is coming to a close so I am sure we will get busy. I have some stuff I am hoping to get started.  I am wanting to start making soaps, salves, and lotion using essential oils so I have some research to work on and see if this will be a worthwhile venture!  Here's to hoping!   Hope everyone has a great day!








No comments :

Post a Comment